Ingredients (Use organic where possible)
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, approx. 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
While quinoa is cooking, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, gradually. Add salt and pepper to taste.
On a large rimmed baking sheet spread out quinoa to cool. Transfer cooled quinoa to a large bowl and mix in 1/4 cup dressing. Cover and chill. Chill remaining dressing in its own container for use later.
Toss cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions and herbs into bowl with quinoa. Add salt and pepper and remaining dressing to taste.