Ingredients (Use organic where possible)
Serves: 10 as a side dish
- 4 lb assorted heirloom tomatoes
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
Halve or quarter the smaller tomatoes and slice the larger tomatoes into thick slices. Arrange them on a serving plate, alternating sizes and color then top by sprinkling with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together half of the feta with the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano until just combined, creating the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set dressing to the side.
Peel and slice the avocado, reserving some for garnish, and place it on top of the tomato. Pour the dressing over the salad and top with the reserved avocado and onion. Sprinkle the remaining feta on top and serve.