Yields: 5-6 servings
Ingredients (Use organic where possible)
- 1 1/4 lb of ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp fresh-ground pepper
Add to the above Base Recipe:
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley (or 1/2 tbsp fresh)
- 2 tbsp ketchup (or 1 Tbsp tomato paste if doing Whole30)
- 1/3 cup GF breadcrumbs (or substitute with blanched almond flour if doing Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add about one tablespoon of virgin olive oil. Sauté finely chopped onion, carrot, zucchini and garlic until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Place ground turkey in large mixing bowl and add the veggies to the turkey and allow to cool a minute. Then add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Shape into a loaf and place into a well-oiled loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the yummy ketchup-maple topping (see note below).
- Return to oven and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes, until meatloaf is cooked through. Enjoy
Ketchup-Maple Meatloaf Topping: In a small dish, whisk together 3/4 cup ketchup with two tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Spread on top of meatloaf as directed in recipe above.
Recipe originally from thenurishinghome.comShare