Cilantro Pesto | Recipe from Michele Swetesich-Leon
Yields approx: 1 Cup
Ingredients (Use organic where possible)
- 2 cups fresh Cilantro (leaves & stems), packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts (substitute chopped walnuts, almonds or use a combination of these nuts)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated hard cheese (Asiago, Parmesan, Romano or combination of these)
- Salt (Himalayan) and pepper to taste
Directions (food processor or blender)
- Place cilantro and nuts in food processor; pulse several times.
- Add garlic and cheese and pulse again several times. ...